Getting to Jindabyne
If you are driving from Sydney allocate about 5 to 6 hours to get to Jindabyne. If coming from Melbourne it takes usually about seven hours.
- The fastest route from Sydney is via the M31 and Federal Highway to Canberra. From Canberra continue on the Monaro Highway to via Cooma to Jindabyne.
- The fastest route from Melbourne is via M31 to Bandiana Link/B410 to Wodonga. From Wodonga follow the B400/Murray Valley Hwy and Alpine Way to Jindabyne.
- Regional Express Airlines is flying weekly and daily in winter to Cooma Airport from Sydney.
- A snow shuttle will meet every incoming flight to provide transport to Perisher, Thredbo and Jindabyne.
- Canberra Airport is 2 hours drive from Jindabyne and only a 40 minute drive from Sydney.
- All major airlines fly to Canberra Airport and Singapore Airlines now also flies internationally into Canberra Airport.
- During the winter season bus services such as Snoexpress and Snobus Snowscene Express provide a transfer service from Canberra Airport to Jindabyne and Thredbo via the Perisher Skitube Terminal.
- There are also all major rental car outlets at located Canberra Airport.
- Snowy Mountains Shuttles provides daily return Skitube shuttles from Jindabyne as well as airport transfers to Perisher and Thredbo.
- Snowexpress are a fast and affordable coach service from Canberra airport to the NSW snow fields via Jindabyne offering a convenient online booking service.